Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring is Here!

This past weekend has been full of lots of fun and interesting things.  The weather has been beautiful. EXCEPT last night we were a little alarmed when a big storm rolled in. The tornado sirens went off. 
 It was the first time we had heard them when it wasn't a Friday at 11am when they do a drill. The news had incredible coverage of all the rain, hail, and thunder.  They put a tornado watch into effect, but as soon as the air cooled down it was over.  When it rains in the Mid-West WOW! It is intense. 
 It leaves as fast as it came, but it is a lot of moisture at once.  
With the big NCAA championship game in Indianapolis last night, the weather was a bit of a bummer. Ty watched the game with a few friends at the Hinkley Fieldhouse.  I put the kids to bed and watched at home. WHAT A GAME! They played great!  The last few seconds were so intense.  Campus has calmed down a lot. We walked over to the bookstore to buy a few t-shirts to send home. 
The bookstore is practically empty of merchandise.  GO DAWGS! 
We have been battling nasty carpenter ants for a few weeks. They seem to be coming from Zoe's closet. She hasn't been sleeping in there, but I think they may be dying out. No, thanks to our property manager and owner of the home. (I HATE RENTING!!!)
We had a great time watching General Conference at home.  It was a quiet peaceful Easter weekend.  Zoey and I felt a little homesick for family, but it was also nice to reflect on just being our little family.  
I got really sick Saturday night with a freak stomach bug, but luckily felt much better the next day. 
On Easter the kids woke up to Easter eggs all over, and some fun baskets. Zealand got a new Thomas and played with it most of the day. Zoey colored and colored in her new giant Tinker bell book. She is really getting creative with her color combinations. :) 
We went for a walk and enjoyed all the blooming trees!  Later, Ty helped Zoey learn to ride her bike without training wheels. It was so much fun to watch! Made me realize  we are parents!!! So fun! 
So, we have had a lot of fun distractions.  I find myself living for distractions. As much as I feel settled finally living in Indy, I still feel homesick for Utah most of the time. I have always been a homebody, so this is a daily struggle for me, BUT I am trying to take it one day at a time. I am getting so excited. Ty only has about 18 more days of classes! 
Then in May we are headed home to Utah for some fun and familiarity!!!! 
Life is good and we are very blessed. 

The night Butler won the Final Four we walked over to campus to celebrate. It was crazy fun!!!
Zoey managed to spill the red Easter egg dye all over ....for the second year in a row!
Zealand just threw the egg and cracked it.
Zoey got a bottle of Root Bear, but she the Easter bunny must have gotten it from the zoo, because they sell that kind. "DOGs N SUDS"  You can't put anything past her.
                                                                                 Lord Helmet
They are a great team!
Zoey's dolls had to have mini pancakes too. She is always so surprised when they magically "EAT" them. ( A little trick my parents used to do for me when I was little)  
Zealand got a NEW Mrs. Butterworths at the store the other day. He had wore out the other one.
One of our favorite things to do it watch him play cars.  He will lay forever and watch the wheels spin. I love his little Mini Ty outfit. Later that day he skinned both knees.  He didn't really cry, but it really hurt his feelings because it was the first time he had every hurt himself like that.  Poor little feller, he was tender the rest of the day :) BUT.. I never mind when he wants to snuggle his mama.- Zara 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I know it must be hard when you're homesick, but when it's all over, you'll look back at your experience over there as a fun one. I used to bug Dan to let us move somewhere for just a couple of years, just for the fun of it. I guess we never got the courage. Who knows...maybe one day still.

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..