Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Is In The Air

I have always LOVED little mail boxes.  We made these sweet letter cookies a few years ago.
Target dollar section sells the mail boxes.
Zoey and Zealand love to get  little love notes everyday.

Valentine's Day is probably one of my favorite holidays!  Pink, red, lace doilies, heart shaped cookies, love notes, and CHOCOLATE makes for a very lovely day!

This has been one of the longest coldest winter in my memory.  It has given me lots of time to reflect on my life.  I have been reading and studying a lot about living your best life.
Call me crazy, but I love a good organizational book or television show.

Getting rid of physical, mental , and financial clutter makes you focus on what matters most in life.
Peter Walsh is becoming a hero of mine!  He is an organizational expert, author, and has a television show called Enough Already.
 I have been reading his newest book " Lighten Up". I would highly recommend it to everyone!  He makes a good point when he says "Wealthy should mean you are healthy, happy, safe. Happiness comes from family, intimate relationships,friendships, career pursuits, and passions."

I am a big believer that less is more. Relationships, not stuff,  make our lives joyful!

I have felt so much joy as I look back on past memories of my loved ones.

I am so happy for all the experiences that have helped lead our family to where we are now.
Many experiences were very hard and difficult to understand.  Looking back, I am pleasantly surprised they were all for our benefit.

As we inch closer to springtime, I am a bit overwhelmed to be moving cross country again. Yet, I am very thankful for our experiences in Indiana.  We have grown a lot as a little family. We have shared so many good memories.  The next year, will have its challenges. Ty will be doing 8 -- 6 week rotations, and flying back and forth to Indy.  However,  it is great to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am excited for what the future will bring.

I was looking through iphoto and want to share what I LOVE most!
Zoey's 2nd Valentine's Day!

I LOVE her chubby cheeks! 

She has always been such a sweet little girl!

She is loving, kind, considerate, and adventurous!   

Zealand came into this world kicking and screaming.  He is very passionate to say the least!
I smile sometimes to think that we actually survived his infancy. 

He spent a lot of time napping in his swing.
It was the only time I could shower of get any little thing done.
 I realize now, I shouldn't have worried so much about getting all the little things done.
In the long run, you don't remember the laundry that didn't get put away or perfect meal for dinner.
You remember a tiny baby who loved to be held.

Zealand's toddler years are requiring endless patience.
Yet, I see it paying off when I see him being considerate and kind to others.
He is makes me want to be a more patient, active, and fun mom.
He is a joy to be around... as long as he has had his pancakes and a nap! :) 

"I Know That My Redeemer Lives" is his favorite song. He really helps keep the spirit in our home.




I love this guy!  I have grown up with him since we were six years old.
He has been the same kind, consistent, strong guy his entire life.
I love that we can share our hobbies, and our love of the simple things.
I am so proud of him. He is my best friend! 

My family is a huge strength to us!  We have missed them so much! We have so much fun when we are all together!
They are all good examples to us.

Grandma Sherry raised a wonderful son and is such a great grandma!
We have missed her lots, and are so grateful for all she has done for our family.
Grandpa Kris is always lots of fun to be around. He does a lot for our family, and we are so thankful!

While we have been in Indiana Grandma Betty and Pop have been such a support!
She is always so nice to send us a little handwritten note cheering us on.
We are so thrilled our kids can spend time with such wonderful great- grandparents.

Although, Grandma and Grandpa Pink have passed away, a day doesn't go by that I don't think of them.
They helped our family so much, and it was always a pleasure to get to help them out too.
I think part of the reason Zoey is so thoughtful and caring, is because she helped take care of them.

It was very hard to watch as their health declined, but we know we will be with them again someday!
We are thankful for the time we spent with them.

They came to the hospital when Zoey was born.  It was so neat to have 4 generations.

We say it a lot, but we LOVE our Annie!
When we adopted her as a tiny 8 week old pup, we didn't know those first few months
would be such a heart wrenching experience.
She was so sick with seizures, but turned out to be a miracle!
It sound's crazy, but it has been a huge sacrifice when we couldn't bring her to Indy.
We miss her everyday, but are just grateful she is alive and well.   


Happy Valentines Day! I hope it is sweet! -Zara

3 comments:

  1. Zara-- this is so cute. I always remember that Valentine's is your favorite holiday! I LOVE that b/w picture of Zoey playing with her doll... priceless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Zoey sleeps in her swing most of the time and I like the way you put it about Zealand. You really don't remember the stuff you don't get done. Good insight. I need to remember that when all that kid wants to do is be held. Thanks Zara!

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..