Ty and I have been thinking a lot about where we were one year ago. It is crazy how much has changed.
This is our beautiful view from old little house we sold in Ogden. We have so many happy memories there, even though it was only 750 square feet. We feel very blessed that we were able to sell it by owner in only 8 days! It has been been a huge change moving so far away from family and friends. But... we are so happy we have met many new friends and are enjoying our time in Indy.
We do miss our view of the mountains EVERYDAY! It's funny how you take them for granted when they are so big and beautiful!
Our cozy family room.
Our tiny bedroom. Plus, we had Zealand's crib in there. He was 8 months old! AHHH not fun! Zealand officially did not let me sleep through the night for 8 months! I still feel like I am catching up on sleep even though he does great now. :)
I loved my kitchen! It was so fun because we remolded it completely. A little cramped though. Annie loved to sit in the hallway and watch me cook. I really miss all of my Fiesta dishes. I have over 35 place settings all in different colors. I didn't bring them to Indy, because I didn't want them to get broken.
This is our great neighbor Pam. Zoey loved to help her do yard work.
Annie waiting in the back yard for me. Zealand and Pop reading.
Going for lunch with Grandpa Jon. We took Zoey to Disney Princess on Ice.
We had so much fun! She was in heaven! It is weird to think last year it was warm enough to go hiking up by mom and dad's.
Zealand loved to ride on daddy!
Babe, Annie, and Zoey love to explore
I just love his little chubby baby cheeks!
Ty and I flew to Indianapolis exactly a year ago today. He had his big interview for PA school on that Saturday. It was fun (and way scary) being in a new city with so much riding on the interview. Plus, it was the FIRST time we had every left both kids overnight. I am glad I came with Ty though, I almost didn't... Zealand was sick with RSV, and I was nursing him, so it was REALLY hard to leave them for 4 days. They did fine with Nana, and I am so glad I got to see where we would be living for the next few years. When we flew in to Indianapolis the stewardess said over the income "Welcome Home."
I just had the strongest feeling that Indiana would be our home in the near future.
It is strange now to think about walking around campus that day, when now we walk over there almost everyday. This photo of Tyrone was before the interview, with our rental car.
Here is Tyrone after his big interview. He thought it went really well, and IT DID! Now here we are living in Indianapolis and he is almost finished with his FIRST year!
I need to give Bubba a haircut, but I love it too much! I made this church dress for Zoey. It turned out alright, for $6.00 :)


I really enjoying making clothes for Zoey's American Girl dolls.(Emily&Ruthie were very good models)
I made the apron and levis. Someday I think it would be fun to try to sell them at a boutique. Real American Girl clothes are quite expensive. It would be fun for girls to be able to get them for around $8.00
These flannel PJ's are my favorite.
Matching aprons for two of Zoey's little friends.
I have enjoyed having some projects this long long winter. But... looking back ...
I can't believe where the time has gone.
Everyday, I remind myself to enjoy the ride. Life goes by so fast and it is tempting to always want to be in the next stage of life. Yet, I don't think I would trade these simple days at home for anything.
Our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. I am thankful for all the experiences that have brought us where we are today. We are so blessed. - Zara








All the pictures are great. I love Zoey's church dress. Addie loves all the American Doll clothes.
ReplyDeleteZara, it's just not fair that you are SO creative! Please share some of it with me!!! I keep meaning to tell you that I have told everyone the story of Zealand with Mrs. Butterworths. It has given me (and many others) such a good laugh. You are just such a cute mommy. So funny that we are going through the same situation at the same time.
ReplyDeleteSeriously! You're so talented! You should start an 'Etsy' shop for your dresses! I bet they would sell, b/c the dolls are so expensive as it is...good luck!
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved the dress you made for Zoe! I want one for Anna! :)