Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum


This was our first trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum.  I think it is the largest in the world.
The sculpture by Dale Chihuly is amazing! The kids loved it.
Ceiling
Our favorite exhibit was the DINO's 
Zoey felt like she was Montana's Bad Lands on a dig. (Secretly, I was dying to jump in and dig too. 
 I used to dream of becoming Ellie Satler, Paleontologist)  
Waiting for the little dino eggs to hatch
Creating a work of art of their own.         Zealand loved the TRAINS! CHOO CHOO! 
This is for Daddy! 
The Barbie Exhibit was so much fun!  A little too pink for Zealand, but he humored us girls. 
The receptionist                                                                Zoey and the original Barbie Box 
I think I used to have this pool when I was little!           Zoey has that Barbie and dog!  :)
This was my favorite Barbie set.  I got it for my 5th or 6th birthday. BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!   I drove my brothers crazy singing " Barbie and the Rockers, Barbie and the Rockers" over and over.
This Barbie sign is made of hundreds of Barbies.    Then we headed to a place for Zealand! 
Bob the Builder!  Can we fix it? YES WE CAN! 
Zealand's favorite drinking cup is Bob the Builder.  He was quite shocked to see Bob so big!
Zealand driving Scoop
Zoey at Wendy's cute trailer
Making a rug on a loom in Egypt. 
The kids and I had a really nice time.  It was a great field trip when it has been so snowy. We are excited to take Ty with us, if he ever can sneak away from his studies :) - Zara

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I didn't realize the worlds largest children's museum was in Indianapolis. Huh, wouldn't have guessed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zara! I'm glad you found us on here. Your kids are getting so big!
    My girls would have gone CRAZY over that Barbie exhibit! It's good to be in contact with you guys! How are you liking it outside of Utah? We like it but it's nice to go home too. It's good to see what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I want to go see the barbie exhibit! Jacob would love the Bob the builder exhibit too! I guess I can dream right?

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..