I am feeling very on the ball today. By 10:00 am the house was clean, Ty's lunch was made, kids fed, dressed, and dinner in the crock pot. However, I could not have done this without my new sweet babysitter. She only charges a one time fee of $1.94! She is sweet, and has a very quiet gentle nature. Who is this miracle babysitter??? Dear Mrs. Butterworth! I found her on isle 5 at Marsh and she brings joy to our home a few days a week. All Zealand has to hear is pancake, french toast, or SYRUP and the fun begins. I only drizzle a tiny bit over his pancakes, but he doesn't mind. He had a conversation with Mrs. Butterworth in his highchair for over an hour today. Meanwhile, I accomplished a variety of small tasks that normally would have taken hours if Z-Z was helping. Zealand has started saying "Thank You" and "Welcome" It is so nice to hear when I do things for him :)
We haven't seen Ty very much these past few days. He has back to back exams the next few weeks. I am happy to say... we are slowly adjusting to this new chapter in our life. I try hard to stay on a schedule. It seems to help the long days go by and we all seem much happier when we do. It has been snowing quite a lot for Indiana, but we feel pretty at home. A 4-8 inch storm seems to shut the entire city down. A lot different from Utah when we sometimes get feet of snow at a time. Butler has closed a few times and Ty has had to resort to studying at home. It is nice to know we have 4-wheel drive IF we need it. We try to stay home though when the weather is bad, because these Indy drivers are pretty bad.
We have all been very blessed with great health this winter. I think doing pre-school at home with Zoey has really helped keep the germs away. I am so thankful Ty and I haven't had to be up all night with the kids like a lot of families have been. KNOCK ON WOOD :)
Zoey has ballet and gymnastics a few days each week. It is always a great excuse to get out of the house. We have been spending our days doing preschool, play doh, reading lots of books. Zealand has a glorious 2 hour nap every afternoon. Zoey is a SAINT and watches a quiet movie or plays in her room while I take a much need nap or read. I hate to say it... but it is MY favorite time of day. It just gives me that boost to get through the evening routine. I feel like most of the time we are in survival mode, but we are so thankful to be here for Ty's schooling. It took a long road to get here and we thank Heavenly Father everyday for this opportunity.
It has been rough getting used to getting paid only twice a year. Living on student loans is a challenge, and yet we are happy about the choice we have made for me to stay home with the kids. It is so much easier to live cheaply and prudently since that is what the church has always taught. Growing up, I dreamed of living like The Boxcar Children and in a lot of ways I pretend we are doing just that!
Todays, highlights included printing coupons off the internet, playing Boggle, and watching the snow fall. It is nice to be warm and cozy!

Sounds like my life! Do you guys have a Publix where you're at? There's a blog I follow, www.hip2save.com and they did a video on the deals you can get there! I wish they had one here.
ReplyDeleteThat's so nice you can take a nap while Zoe plays quietly or watches a movie...I haven't tried that yet...but Jacob's pretty content watching a movie right now...one of these days I may try it :)
That's cute about Mrs Butterworth...whatever keeps them entertained right?
You guys have super cute kids!
Good luck to Ty on his upcoming exams :)
It looks like you guys are doing really good...you know they always say that you'll look back on these days when you struggle finacially (getting through school and raising youngs kids) and you'll think of them as the best days of your life. It will be worth it! (I have to tell myself that too)
ReplyDeleteCute pics!! I love the Mrs. Butterworth.