Wednesday, February 17, 2010
A Good Day
Our weekly "field trips" to the Indianapolis Museum of Art may just save my sanity this winter. Picasso Monet, and Gauguin bring color to a very dreary winter :) Plus, unlike most of the Indianapolis sidewalks, the IMA actually shovels the walks in the garden. It's nice to get a little old fashion Vitamin D on your face!
After, nap time the kids and I went grocery shopping. It was actually an experiment. I have been reading about the "Coupon Mom" and her ideas on saving money. I tried some of her suggestions and shaved $65.00 off the grocery bill. I was shocked! Ty always called people "coupon whores" when they would come in Rite Aid with piles of coupons. So... I sheepishly, told him I was gonna give it a try. I told the cashier at the store my husband would be so embarrassed. She laughed and said, " You just show him this receipt honey, and he won't mind." :)
I made Ty and Zoey's favorite "PYTHONS" (aka homemade chicken noodle soup) for dinner. I used the leftover turkey from the other night and you couldn't even tell. I tried to use up all the veggies in the crisper and it turned out super yummy!
Then, I got to go to Enrichment Night at the church. This is the first "me" time I have had in about a month. It was really fun to be with friends. The lessons were all centered on Women's Health. Exercise ideas, healthy food reminders, health checks, and a yummy chocolate/food tasting. Plus, we are having a "Biggest WInner" contest. It was good motivation and nice to have some grown up conversation.
My sweet husband, had both kids bathed and asleep. THANK YOU TYRONE!
We are going to watch "Couples Retreat" now. We are sort of addicted. (we have watched it like 3 times in a week.) I think we just relate so much to some parts, and the scenery is gorgeous.
-Zara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!
Our Family
Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..

You are such a wonderful mommy!
ReplyDelete