Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

I can't believe how fast five years have flown by. Our little sweetheart is officially a kindergartner! We are into a good schedule now after 10 days of school.  It has been a bit difficult to adjust to afternoon kindergarten. It is only two and 1/2 hours. Fourty-five of those minutes are spent dropping off and picking up. I have decided to keep some sewing and books in the car.  Zealand enjoys his primary songs and books while we drive to and fro.  Almost every day, he cries when sister has to leave.  He loves when it is time to pick her up. If we are lucky, after we drop her off he goes down for a nap. I get a little quite time.

I have been spending a lot of my free time sewing some projects I have been selling back in Utah, and for my upcoming Etsy shop.

This first photo of Zoey shows how humid those first few days of school were.  Heat index was 110-115 for days.  Our Xterra started to overheat one day waiting to pick her up.  Her school wear uniforms, and I have to say I love it. It makes getting dressed so much easier.  All the kids look so cute and professional.

She loves her teacher and is making new friends.  Her favorite part of the day is doing her homework page right after school.  Hopefully, she will be this energetic about homework when she is a junior in high school. Until then, I am happy to say as hard as it was to send her to school I am thrilled she loves learning. - Zara


4 comments:

  1. she is TOO cute! so glad she likes it and you are getting a schedule down! i can't wait until we start. etsy shop?? you didn't tell me about that!! i want to see what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crazy, time flies!!! We were just pregnant with our girls weren't we???

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling!! She reminds me so much of you, Zara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe, you are just the most beautiful little girl! You look just like a real life American Doll! I'm glad you are enjoying Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..