Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Man's Junk...


Usually, one man's junk is just that, another man's junk.  BUT this weekend we found some fun TREASURES at the Butler Tarkington Annual neighborhood yard sales.  We figure we got all the items for about 8% of their original prices.

 Radio Flyer Twist and Turn Trike. I didn't even realize that it was really a trike and a big wheel! The best part Zoey and Zealand can ride it. Paid $7  Retail  $ 79.00
Classic Radio Flyer Trike in Mint Condition  Paid $7 Retail $59  Little Tykes Easel  Paid $3 Retail $39

Handmade Wooden Airplane made by a company in Ohio.  It rolls great on the wood floors and Z-Z loves to spin the propeller.
I loved these bowls. They are my favorite color.  Plus I love Crate and Barrel.  Paid $5 Retail ? 
I left all my favorite cake plates in Utah so they wouldn't get broken. 
I have really missed having one. Paid $2  Retail $59 
We also left Ty's bike trainer in Utah.  I always wish we would have brought it because the winter is so chilly and it is easy to get cooped up.  This is a really nice one.   Paid $20  Retail $ 150

We thought one of these half bikes would be fun because it is so flat in Indy.  It hooks to daddy's so they can go on further rides together.
 It is like brand new. Paid $50  Retail $179
Christmas in August! 
( Please don't mind the ugly blinds and drapes. We are renting. :)
As I wrote this I thought to myself "Am I bragging or complaining?" Well... neither I just wanted to show what a little early morning picking can get you. 
Just like Jim Bob Duggar says "Why buy new, if you can buy used and save the difference." :)
-Zara

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! We love our easel, well Abby loves it. I don't know if it has a white board side but I recently found washable white board markers. I guess they're a new thing. We have ruined a couple of shirts with regular dry erase markers. Very cool stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie- I found some washable dry erase Crayola crayons! They are fabulous! I will have to look for the washable markers! Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great finds! Sometimes I wish Randy didn't have to work all saturdays so we could hit up garage sales...I haven't dared to go by myself w/ the 2 kids...maybe when they're older?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zara!! This is so great! I got all of Reese's nursery furniture on Craig's List and it looks brand new! Amazing the things you can find when you look lol :)

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..