Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Deck the Halls

When we moved to Indiana we left all our Christmas decorations in Utah.  
This year I was so excited to come up with completely new Christmas tree decorations.
Our tree at home is very rustic and outdoorsy.  I wanted something very different.  I love the color blue and it looks so pretty with almost every other color.  Since our carpet in our house we rent is blue I thought it would be a great year to give it a try.  I want the tree to have lots of vintage charm. 
 I loved how it turned out.  
We crafted most of the ornaments ourselves so it will always have fun memories. 
The ones we make didn't cost $1.00 or less. 
The glitter balls are super easy and fun to make.  I learned how to make them at a Relief Society activity.
Zoey and I ended up making about 24 of them.
You fill clear glass balls with a special floor polish, add glitter, shake and you are done. They turned out gorgeous!
My mom got this snowman idea from a friend.
Sherry sent me the wood cut out.

Painted and glittered birdhouses remind me of retro
glitter cardboard house my grandma betty always
displays.







Zoey setting up our favorite Fisher Price Little People Nativity.






I love these giant suckers I found at Crackle Barrel.

Silver Bells from the dollar store of fun for the kids to ring.

Walmart had these glitter churches for $1.00

Our ward had a cookie exchange night. I was on the commity
and was asked to be decorate the cookie table.
I was so glad I had the decorations I had been making.
I also used Christmas cookie cutters, rolling pins, spoons, etc.




I made five dozen gingerbread boys to share. It was a really
fun night. Everyone got to take home a plate of all different
Christmas cookies. Yum!






6 comments:

  1. I love the tree and the ornaments Zara! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glitter balls are really neat! I never would have thought they would be so easy to make! What a cute tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara I love you ornaments. What was the special floor polish? This seems like a fun and easy Christmas project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, the ornaments are really easy. The polish name is Pledge Future Floor Finish. It was sort of hard to find here in Indiana, but I did find it at a grocery store. My mom found some at Home Depo in Utah. I can send you the instructions if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crafty woman you! Now when you come home you can have two awesome trees all decorated!

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..