This is my sweet boy asleep while running a few errands. The mid-west has been in a deep freeze the past week. In the mornings the wind chill has been about -4 degrees.
I usually enjoy winter, but this cold is really different than Utah cold.
We have tried to stay warm by bundling up, making christmas treats, watching christmas shows BUT we seem to be having a string of bad luck events. I am trying to stay positive, but as I type this our house is 55 degrees, NO I am not trying to save energy.
The heater is broken and I am waiting for the house owner to come and fix it.
I wouldn't mind so much, but since yesterday this is the third mishap that has taken hold of the Franklin house hold.
Yesterday, I thought I smelled gas, I waiting for two hours with Zealand in the car, while the gas company checked it out. Hours after they left and said they couldn't find anything, I found the tiny BBQ grill in our garage had been bumped and the switch was slightly on. Needless, to say I had quite the headache.
This morning, Ty wakes me up bright and early to say there is no hot water. The pilot light was out. He re-lit it and so far so good. Poor Ty, had a cold shower.
Then the kids and I left for a few hours to come home to an ice cold house. The heater was clicking on then off and not blowing.
I am praying they can fix it quickly.
Ty is super busy with 5 exams ahead of him and we really didn't need this right now.
I am gently reminded everyday how important it is to BE PREPARED. When it is this cold outside, and you are far from family it makes one feel very vulnerable.
Hopefully, all will be well soon. I just needed to warm up my fingers with some typing. :)
Zara
PS GET YOUR FOOD STORAGE! :)

Zara! I'm so sorry! That sounds awful. It stresses me out knowing that if something happens, we're the adults now who are in charge and have to fix it. Hope everything is going much better!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to know your heat is back!!!!! I'm so sorry so much in one week happened! We love you and can't wait to see you over Christmas.
ReplyDelete