Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas!

This was the first Christmas we spent away from our home in Utah.  It was wonderful!  We missed our families and seeing friends, but it will be a Christmas we will always remember!  We had lots of yummy treats, music, movies, board games, egg nog, and family time.  The kids were so excited Christmas eve! It is so much fun to see that magical look they get in their eyes on Christmas Eve.  It was interesting to talk to our families in Utah and hear about what they were doing. I was thankful to have so many wonderful memories of Christmas when I was a child.  My parents sent me a dvd with home movies and it was so fun to watch.
It was nice this year to have time to read Dicken's A Christmas Carol, bake some favorite family recipes, and spend time playing with the kids.  It is so wonderful to have Ty home from school.  It will be hard to let him go back!  He surprised me by making me breakfast in bed, vacuuming, doing laundry, and helping with the kids.  We each go over to the Butler gym each day, and it is nice to have some time alone.

We are very grateful for our families in Utah. They were all very good to us and helped us have a nice Christmas!




Christmas Eve







This boy LOVES to drum!  He is constantly stealing my spatulas for drum sticks. 
The noise  drives Ty crazy, but I think it is good for him.

Milk and Cookies for Santa

The kids did very well!

Santa had a little help acquiring this train table set from a neighborhood yard sale this summer for $25.00!  Zealand loves it!!

Ty's little pile

Don't you love our cozy fireplace?  
I told Ty all I wanted Santa to bring me was paper towel. I am always out and don't always have the money to spend on it.  Santa surprised me with 2 rolls! What a guy!


Grandpa Jon and Nana sent him the little tool belt!  So cute!



Ty was convinced he was the ONLY man in America who got Eclipse. 
 He kept talking about buying it so I thought we could both enjoy it. We had set a $20 limit on each other, so I cheated a bit by adding this :)

American Girl golden retriever

At Zoey's school yard sale this summer she found this dump truck for ZZ. She paid 50 cents and wraped it up and hid it in the basement.  He was thrilled and she was thrilled to have such a nice present for him.

Zoey knew that an American Girl doll would be too much to ask Santa for this year.  Deep down though I knew she really wanted one.  I gave her my Kit that I had put away. She was so happy!  

Santa sure makes a mess. 

Zealand loved the train table and cash register!





Talking to Grandma Sherry :)




He LOVES Chip N Dale

He almost went to sleep hugging his new friends!



He was in heaven! 






It was a wonderful Christmas! We are very blessed!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to spend the holidays! Looks like your kids had s fantastic Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Xmas!! I especially like the papertowels you got and the Eclipse for Ty, ha ha. ( I didn't even get Eclipse--go Ty!) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a nice Christmas. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..