Thursday, January 6, 2011

December Fun

The Franklin family had a very quiet, peaceful, fun December.  We took a few trips to Jolly Days a the Children's Museum.  The kids love the slide.  Zoey got to visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Zealand mostly loves to ride on the elevators.

Ty had an Ugly Sweater day at school. He found this beauty at Good Will.  I embellished it the best I could with some felt and lights.  He has a plug by his seat in his classes, so he blinked the whole day. Hopefully, it wasn't too distracting going into finals week.

One of the most exciting things in December is receiving lots of fun packages and cards from back home.  Everyone spoiled us too much!  The kids were thrilled to see the presents add up under the tree.

Ty finished the semester with flying colors and Zoey was excited to have a break from school.
She seemed to be more homesick though as the break progressed.  I think kindergarten is so good to keep her mind off missing family in Utah.  She also misses her pup Annie something awful! 
The older she gets, it seems harder to make her happy when she gets into a homesick mood. She is usually so happy go lucky, but she tells me "I just don't feel like myself."  It breaks my heart! 
We try to keep her very busy!

Zealand loves baby Jesus.  He will pick up the little manger and say "the poor baby wakes!"  He loves to sing Christmas songs and primary songs.  He pretty much knows the words to all of them.  
I love being in another room and listening to him sing his little heart out. His favorite song however, is Winnie the Pooh ..."Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin plays".  It is so sweet!
When I get him out of the bath and put his towel with the hood on he says "I baby Jesus"  I swaddle him up and rock him.  He gets this blissful little look on his face.

He likes to paint, but mostly to mix the colors in the water.


Brushing the Reindeer

Zoey loves when they have a snowball fight with all the kids at the museum. 

Her favorite horse!

It was very nice that Ty could come with us to the museum for a change.


Zealand was waiting very patiently to go outside.  When he gets on his computer or mine he says "Dot com?  Zac on dot com Nana on dot com?"  We do iChat occasionally with family back home and it is confusing for him I think. Christmas eve he cried and cried when we had to tell Nana good bye. He remembers things and everyone in Utah, but I think it will be hard for him when we move from Indiana. 

We had a very White December with lots of snow, but the last day of the year it was all gone.
Perfect for strolling. Although, it is freezing with the wind!

He takes keeping his babies warm, very serious.  He lets them use his beloved brown blankie.


One evening it was so warm outside we  decided to build 4 snowmen.  The next morning we could tell they were out having fun ,because they weren't as straight and tall. 
Just like the book "Snowmen at Night" 

Zoey reminded me we didn't bring any stockings with us. 
 It was fun to whip these up with stuff I had around.

I stole this little tree from Ty's ugly sweater and the sweater went in the trash.

December was filled with lots of family time. Snuggling watching Christmas shows, drinking hot chocolate, baking yummy goodies, taking treats to our neighbors, fly tying, quilting, and reading.
We have really enjoyed just being home together as a family.
We have four months left in Indy.  We have to be back in Utah May 1st for Ty to start his rotations.  It is weird he has like a month off now, but as soon as this next semester starts we will be going full steam until May 2012 when he graduates. It has gone by much faster than I ever dreamed it would! 
Now, we are just enjoying making lots of memories as a family here in Indiana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..