We just love watching ZZ learn new things everyday! He is finally growing into his BIG personality! When I was pregnant with him, I often wondered if I would give birth to baby Shrek. The doctors kept saying he was a big baby, and BOY, could he kick. He made his entrance into this world a bit reluctantly I think. He was such a colicky, grumpy little baby. I worried endlessly about what was wrong or what I could do to help him. At six weeks: Allergy tests, barium x-rays to test for acid reflux, different pacifiers, I gave up dairy, chocolate, etc. Now I know his personality, I wouldn't have done any of those things. He just has a mind of his own. Mostly, he is very sweet and just like to be with momma or daddy. Yet, other times, he knows exactly what he wants, and that usually isn't what mommy or daddy can't give him at that moment.
We just try to remember that the famous Dr. Harvey Karp said "you have to view two year olds like little cave men." It is so true! We love our little cave man!
Notice the look on my face a few hours after he was born. I knew this little guy was going to be much harder than is angel sister had been. I am very happy to say we have made it through his first two years and am so excited to see what each new year brings. A told B and Zea.... I will RACE you to the top of the coconut tree.
Zealand slept in our bed the first 3 months.
That was the only way he would sleep longer than a few hours.
During the day, I got very creative trying to find places he would feel cozy enough to get a decent nap.
Looking back those first few months he was born are sort of a blur. I am amazed we actually had a productive garden that year. I was sort of shocked to see that I don't have that many photos of us during those first few months after Zealand was born. I guess we were just in survival mode. :)
Now, he is content to have his dirty old blanket, Mickey, and a good BINK!
Two of his favorite pastimes. Mowing with Gramps and as Zea says "Swinging, "HIGH IN THE SKY!"



I love this post!!! The picture of him in the laundry basket is awesome! What a sweet little boy you have. :)
ReplyDelete