Sunday, September 19, 2010

Projects

Since Ty is gone so much studying, I have been trying to get some projects done with the kids are sleeping.   I stumbled on the cutest blog "I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar".  The author has so many fun ideas.  She has step by step instructions for most of them. It has been fun to put my own spin on them. Here's a peek at what I have been up too.

Our walls are so bare, I thought this inspirational Gordon B. Hinkley quote would look cute.  It was tough to paint the words, but lots of fun.

I am in LOVE with freezer paper stenciling! I have so many fun ideas I want to try.
 It is super easy and pretty fast with GREAT results. That's how I made this casual neck tie shirt and cupcake shirt. I embellished Zoey's with some beads.
The tricky thing was to get Bubba to hold still while I took some photos of his cute new shirt.
In this months Woman's Day magazine there are lots of fun decorating ideas with candy corn. 
 I LOVE candy corn, and they were so inexpensive to make.  
I sprayed the little tree branches with Rustolium Spray, and then hot glued candy corn on.  For the candle holders I bought glass containers at the dollar store, and filled with candy corn and a small candle. Sorry, not the best photographs of them.



I made this scripture tote out of a place mat.  I found the instructions at Nap Time Crafts I still need to embellish it with some fabric flowers or more ribbon.  Perfect for a set of scriptures or just a small tote for errands. Super fast and easy.

 HAPPY CRAFTING!

7 comments:

  1. CUTE!! you are amazing!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE the be's hanging. i NEED one. can you tell/show me how you did it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! I may have to steal and idea or two...or three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CUTE!!!!!!!! Zara... really you need to start a crafting blog.... one with things for people to do with their kids and without! I say it every time, but you really are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, I say it everytime too...You ARE amazing! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls! I am not amazing, just bored. :)

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..