Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Indy Fall

Fall has finally seemed to reach Indiana.  We are welcoming the first red and orange leaves of autumn.  The temperature has finally cooled off!  It is perfect jacket weather.  It seems like everyone, including the fox squirrels in the neighborhood, are gearing up for winter.  Pumpkins, gourds, and blooming fall mums are on sale at almost every market and store.

It is hard to believe Zoey has been in kindergarten for 37 days now.  Ty is very busy with two or three big exams each week.  For the past few weeks we only got to sneak in a few hours with him.  It is harder than I ever imagined being a single mom most of the time.  I am always so grateful when he comes home, and tries to help out.  The kids couldn't get enough of him this conference weekend.  It was the first few days he has had he could hang around with us for longer than a few minutes.  We had a very nice time watching conference all cozy at home.  Zealand sits front and center and leads all the music just like the conductor.  Zoey and I kept our hands busy with some fun projects while we watched. We have always watched conference as a family since Zoey was a baby.  Now, I am so glad because she loves to listen to all of it.

Usually, at home in Utah this time of year I am busy canning.  Since we will be moving back in 7 months I didn't bother this year.  It is strange though not have a garden to be harvesting and preserving from.  We did help plant Nana's garden in Utah this summer.  She has gotten some nice veggies.   My sweet mom mailed us a package with our homegrown zucchinis, yellow crooked necks, and a tiny pumpkin. I also  made some yummy strawberry freezer jam. ( Use MCP Pectin recipe:)

Zoey's school changed her half day kindergarten to alternating full day. She goes twice a week and every other Friday. She loves it. Now she gets to eat lunch with her friends and have two recess times.  It has really helped me out not having to carpool her everyday.  Zealand misses her when she is gone, but it nice to have some time alone with him.  Plus, on her off days we can have FUN doing our mommy fieldtrips again!

We are very blessed, and are trying to be thankful for the journey we are on, even though at times it seems very lonely and tiring.   We are excited to have Nana and Grandpa Jon visit later this month and Grandma Sherry the next.  The kids miss everyone so much! Especially their puppy Annie. :(

BUT Grandma Betty told me when we left over a year ago, "You can do hard things."
I am proud to say, I am slowly realizing that, I can do hard things.

-Zara
PS Heres some random photo of stuff we have been up to.
I will really miss the giant hard wood trees here in the Mid-west.  We have fun roaming the neighborhood and IMA garden for giant oak trees to collect big acorns that have fallen.

Casual Fridays usually mean Zoey opts for a pink dress of some sort.

The kids love to log on to http://www.starfall.com/ My sister in law told us about it.  
It is wonderful for kids of all ages. Zealand knows all his alphabet and phonetic sounds. 
I think this helps him remember all of them .


One of our favorite parks in Broad Ripple.  We got to play with dad-Ty for a little bit. 
 Zealand loves to swing high in the sky and drive the wheel.


 I made Ty prove how much he really does love us!


My boys doing some hard labor. Don't mind the pink mower, he does a very good job.  Just like his daddy.

He takes his work very serious.  He also blows the walk off (when it isn't plugged in of course)
I love his stethoscope shirt I found him. Again, Just like his daddy.


3 comments:

  1. you can do hard things! and make great new friends along the way! we are so glad you moved here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks Stace! We have so much fun with you guys! Thanks for being my BFF!-Zara

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SOOOOOO gorgeous!!!! Just like her mama. Jack wants Zealand's lawn mower! :)

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..