Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Zoey's Room

Zoey's walls in her room are super white and boring. She and I decided it needed some sprucing up.
Using a shoestring budget and a little imagination this is what I came up with. 
I had made the quilt before we got married. It worked perfect to coordinate with the rest of the ideas. They were all simple and inexpensive.  
She already had the pillow, I just made an owl out of felt and embroidered it on.
 (Zac Efron is hidding underneath. Sorry, High School Musical.)

I always see cute canvas pictures for sale at Target, but never want to spend the money. 
 I painted this on a cheap canvas with acrylics and fabric paint. 
 Zoey loves buttons and rick rack, so I added some too. 
Ty told me it looked like artwork that Pam, from The Office would paint. (Thanks a lots Tyrone)

Unfinished birdhouse were only $1 and were super fast to paint.

I layered felt and used Wonder-Under to stabilize the owl.  
I always loved Woodsey Owl as a kid.  "Give A Hoot! Don't Pollute" 

I finally painted her American Girl doll bed. Turned out cute.  
Plus, it matched the doll blanket I had already made!
  I can't tell you how much I love having a little girl of my very own!  We have so much fun! -Zara

8 comments:

  1. you are so talented! can you come paint some stuff for me? too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Yes, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need you to be my girls personal decorator. You are SO talented Zara! What an adorable room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zara,
    That is amazing! I tried to decorate my boys' room and it still doesn't look great. Need a job? :) I'll do the work, you just tell me what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brie,
    That is my next goal! To try and think of some cute stuff for my little guy's room. Currently he has some Butler Basketball posters, a fly fishing poster, and a NY Yankees banner. Very sad. :(
    Boys just seem a little harder for some reason. They aren't as picky I guess.
    We should brainstorm!

    I do have a really cute easy idea for a cute car mat you can make and keep in your purse. Zealand loves his. Its great for restaurants, cart trips, church.
    I will post it soon with some instructions.
    Hope you are staying cool!
    Zara :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! So talented. I love doing crafts, I too wish I had a craft room/desk/scrapbook area. Someday hopefully. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so so cute, Zara! I can't wait to have a girl to dress and decorate for!

    ReplyDelete

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..