Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Farewells .

Farewell # 1 -Zoey lost her other front tooth. The dentist
thinks it will be awhile before she gets her permanent teeth. 









Farewell #2- Our annual pass to the Indianapolis Childrens Museum expired.
We have gone there once a week for a year.  It is an incredible place and we will miss it 
 I am thrilled it is MARCH 1st!  Spring is slowly making its appearance and we have exactly 60 days until we move back to Utah!  However, March is sure to be a month of bitter sweet emotions for the Franklin family as we prepare to leave Indy.

February was a good but challenging month for our family.  Cabin fever, severe Midwest weather, and some sad farewells.

The new Dora exhibit has really been fun for the kids.
Add caption


Raising the colors.

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Zoe!


Zealand loved the trains!

The cafe was always a favorite spot.

The Broad Ripple Merry Go Round is our favorite!  Zealand will miss watching the bell be rang.

Farewell #3-  Our sweet friends the Hansens are moving back to Minnesota.  Stacey was my first Indiana friend and saved me when we first moved here. She let me whine and complain a lot about how homesick and hot I was.
We always had fun going to the zoo, park, museum, or just hanging out.

We had a going away brunch at our house. The kids had fun and will miss each other.

We wish them good luck on their new adventure!

Lets hope we can meet up with them in Utah someday when they come to visit family.

Stacey- I will miss you!!! Thank you!!!
 One of the final February farewells happened the very last day of the month.
 Farewell #4 OUR SANITY!    Sunday night there was a severe thunder storm.  We all had a hard time falling asleep. Zealand was scared and ended staying up watching the Academy Awards with us till 11:00 pm.  We finally fell asleep despite the wind, LOUD thunder and lightening.
 At 2:00AM the tornado sirens in our neighborhood went off.  Not being from the Midwest, this was a very unnerving sound in the middle of the night. The sirens went on and off until about 4:00AM.
It rained and rained!  The kids were scared and woke up.  I decided to check our basement for water because we have had trouble in the past.  There was 2-3 inches of water!  I could hear it steaming in around the whole foundation.  It is an unfinished a basement, so we only use it for storage and laundry.  We had kept all our moving boxes, and they were just starting to get wet. Ty and I spend and hour bringing everything upstairs to our front room.  Then I spent another hour and a half shoveling water to the drain.  It was a nightmare!  Zealand was so scared after everything, he slept in our bed, which meant Ty slept on the couch.  Not a great way for him to start a school week with three exams.  The next morning the kids still woke up bright and early at 7 am, and I had to face to nightmare waiting for me in the front room.



After a few hours I manage to create some order again.
I guess, our sanity may stick around a little longer.


On the bright side I won't have to go downstairs for boxes as I start packing.
Farewell February, Front Teeth, and Friends!

1 comment:

We always have so many photographs that one post takes up an entire page... please click older posts to see more fun adventures.
Thanks!

Our Family

Our Family

Fall Walk

Fall Walk
We love to go for walks around our neighborhood..